If you’ve found that it’s not as easy as it sounds, you’re not alone. After writing content for others to use in their internet marketing campaigns, I finally decided that it was time to start writing for myself and start an internet business on my own. One of the first things I noticed was the vast array of products that promised “automatic income” and “lazy ways to make a fortune”. The landing pages usually had a picture of a guy with pictures of:
- Tropical locales
- Lots of girls
- Pictures of mansions
- Hundred dollar bills in stacks or fanned out like a five card draw poker hand
- Lamborghinis and Ferraris (Porsches apparently don’t send the right message)
I didn’t need to be convinced that people were making big money in internet/affiliate marketing but this went completely against anything I’d seen in terms of other careers. For example, you don’t see Wharton advertisements where their MBA’s are lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills.
If you need a social marketing tool then you can checkout Bleupage Ultimate you must see my Bleupage Ultimate review
so what’s real and what’s not in online marketing? Answering this question is absolutely critical in starting an internet business.
OK, so what’s not real?
- Like any other entrepreneurial endeavor, internet/affiliate marketing isn’t a get rich quick game.
- There isn’t a “secret sauce” to starting an internet business.
- People/gurus that “lost a bet” or were otherwise compromised and now have to reveal their secrets aren’t going to do you any favors.
…and what is real?
- Internet/affiliate marketing provides a huge opportunity that will be around for a long time. More people every day go to the web for information, research, and to make purchases. People who are now starting an internet business will have growing piece of that pie to target as time goes forward.
- Internet marketing is basically process driven, requiring consistent action. Under the right guidance, that process is straight forward and can be mastered with terrific results.
- As with any business, the key to internet marketing success is all about execution. Drive, passion, and taking action will win out over a good idea that is poorly executed every time.
There are some great resources out there that can help you start an internet business and then build it into something that can generate a lot of money. Of course, there are also businesses trying to dump inferior products on you. Just be careful and listen to the promises being made in the pitch for your business. It’s usually pretty easy to tell what’s real and what’s not.
Failing Your way to Massive Success in Internet Marketing
In your own experience, has fear of failure or failure itself had a more negative effect on your life? If you answered that fear of failure is the bigger negative of the two, keep reading because this post is meant for you.
Here’s the thing, fear of failure can rob you of fantastic opportunities in your life because you have taken on the belief that the end goal is unreachable. Chances are that if you’re reading this blog, you have some interest in starting an internet business but the practices I’ll discuss here can be applied to any venture in your life.
So how can get past the paralyzing fear of failure and get started on the great adventures that could be a part of your future? Here are two methods of overcoming your fear of failure as they relate to starting an internet business:
1) Minimize the effect of failure – If you’re contemplating starting an internet business, stick a toe in the water instead of taking the big plunge. Lowering the stakes at the beginning of your venture can remove much of the pressure that results in the fear of failure.
2) Minimize your risk of failure – Study the ins and outs of your potential venture. Learn as much as you can about starting an internet business, what internet marketing is, and how people have become successful. If you are new to internet marketing, there’s a lot to learn as well as a lot to do. By discovering what it’s going to take to succeed, you can prepare for your new venture in advance and minimize risk of failing down the line.
Let’s face it, failure or variations of it, are a fact of everyday life. Failures are also going to be part of the territory when starting an internet business. Nobody has succeeded in building a successful internet business without their fair share of mistakes. Don’t let the pressure of being perfect keep you from starting something that can literally change your life. Babe Ruth struck out and Michael Jordan missed jump shots. These failures were part of the path toward the massive success they achieved in their careers. It can be the same for you in any venture you take on, including starting an internet business that delivers your own massive success.